Qitchain’s Monthly Insights September 2022
1. Overview of Qitchain
As of September 30, 2022, the Qitchain mainnet data is as follows
· Block height: 234383
· Number of currency holding addresses: 110368
· Network capacity: 1.16 EiB
· Total number of nodes: 1500+
2. Technical trends
1. Technology exploration
· Wormhole side chain releases standard system specification v1.1.0.
· The Wormhole sidechain development work is in progress, and the overall work progress is 70%.
· The developer platform architecture phase has been completed.
2. Update iteration
This month, the database, P2P transmission, and RPC interface modules have been upgraded:
· Due to the rapid growth of the UTXO set, the default database cache size has increased from 100MiB to 300MiB;
· A new low-bandwidth transmission mode is added to the client. In this mode, blocks will be transmitted in a compressed manner when synchronizing blocks between nodes to improve the bandwidth utilization of P2P forwarding, but this may reduce the block generation efficiency of mining nodes;
· Added RPC commands getmempoolentry, getmempoolancestors, getmempooldescendants to query more detailed transaction status in mempool.
3. Community and Ecology
· On 27th September we have participated in FIL Singapore 2022 summit, and present there Qitchain Network and why Qitchain is the rising star of public chain, which was a great success.
· On September 5, the Search Lab team released the report “Omini on Qitchain: A Feasibility Study Report on Collaboration between Decentralized Search Engines and New Protocol Layers”, summarizing the results of the seminar organized on the new protocol layer construction of a decentralized search engine has carried out various feasibility demonstrations.
· On September 31, the Qitchain core team held a Q3 quarterly internal meeting, summarizing and updating about the work content of the Q3 quarter and calling on everyone to actively meet timeline in next quarter.
· The weekly Qitchain Twitter space live broadcast is a success, addressing and disseminating information about a new horizon every week to our community, like our latest topic was Qitchain rising star of public chain, stay tuned for more.